14 December 2009

My Main Man Joel

I'm not really into TV anymore. I'm not addicted to any TV shows (besides lost but that's another blog), I Hate reality TV and all these singing/dancing/talent shows bore me. When I'm at home either a movie, sport or music videos are playing (unless the baby is running the TV's then it's spoungebob or scooby doo)

That said I do catch 1 show every week. Joel Osteen... if you don't know who he is shame on you! he's a preacher out of houston, tx and has had several new york times best selling books. His preaching style is more motivational then doom and gloom. Joel is my dude, whenever I have stuff on my mind his message seems to relate. More often then not I can relate and apply his message. The week before I went to court he talking about shouting the victory even before the battle. How if you believe good things will happen then they will. All week I was telling fools to shout the victory! lol

My Sunday consist of Joel, football and grilling. Honestly that's all I need.

7 comments:

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

Ahhhh, are you sure Dave? Did you miss just one thing?! *LOL*

Thoughts of a Southern gal said...

I like Joel. He has some type of aura about him that makes me sit on the edge of my sit when he's talking.

Ms. Behaving said...

Totally agree with you...Joel is the truth!!!

Nicole said...

I have never heard of Joel. He must be on cable, which I don't have. Maybe I can find him on hulu.com or something.

Opinionated Diva said...

his voice creeps me out...it's too soothing SORRY that is weird to me. LOL!!

I think you are missing a FEW things on that all-you-need list.

The Jaded NYer said...

you know I don't trust preachers but I have to agree about Joel... I like listening to him when I'm at my mom's house.

But his smile is a little too wide, to Cheshire Cat, like he knows what I look like nekkid n sh*t... lol

Caspar608 said...

remember when his wife was a hair short of beating some stewardess ass on a flight???

they're human like the rest of us.