23 March 2010

Hoarders

So if you know me, you should know I don't watch much TV. I watch a couple shows like LOST, PTI and pretty much anything on HGTV and the Food network but thats about it. Last night I watched 2 episodes this show called Hoarders on A&E. Now a couple people had told me about this show but me being me I ignored them. YO!!! this show displays the nastiest shyt I have ever seen in a house.

After watching about 30min I had to go clean out my fridge, my fridge is usually empty. I still went in and threw some stuff out, I was paranoid lol. This lady was hoarding food and it was soooo nasty. She had pizza boxes everywhere and just filth on top of filth. I mean she just had trash everywhere! They went to empty her fridge and she had some eggs that were a year old. They were painted easter colors and she said they were "too pretty to eat" them shyts were not even pretty! LMS could have dyed a better egg! and trust me I would not be keeping them for a year

She had food that expired in 07... 2007!!! and she still wanted to keep it! I couldn't imagine what that place smelled like, with rotting food all over everything. The cleaning people had BioHazard suits on and this lady was in there touching stuff with no gloves.

Then there was this lady in Riverdale, MD (maybe 20min from my house) who went 2 years without running water. She just started using adult diapers and tossing them in the bathroom when they were used. Follow me now... instead of cleaning her house, she chose to wear a diaper and build a 4ft pile of shyt in her bathroom. Her house was so bad that she lived in the kitchen on a portable toilet seat and she strapped herself to it at night so she wouldn't fall out. Then when she DID fall out of the toilet seat and couldn't get up the only thing that saved her life was a panic button attached to her alarm system. When the firefighters found her she was got stuck between a wall and a wall of trash wearing a snuggie and a adult diaper.

Then there was this lady with like 40+ cats in her house and while they were cleaning it they found 30+ dead ones. Like skeletons of cats and kittens, it was crazy.

I could go on but you should just watch the show. I promise 2 things will happen. 1 you will feel sane. Even if you argue with a imaginary person you are not as crazy as these poor people. 2nd you will not trust anyone you meet again. I was on the train this morning and this lady sat next to me. My first thought was "shes a hoarder" then she coughed and I though about how nasty her house must be and how she is coughing 3 year old trash germs on me. Really I couldn't focus. 2 episodes of this show has changed my life.

16 comments:

Remnants of U said...

Eww! I've heard about the show, but I think I would have had to change away from it.

LOL! At you on the train, but aren't most women shoe hoarders?

Kingsmomma said...

Yeah I was watching that show before as well. Nuts and just nasty. Makes you rethink participating in potlucks

p.s. I definitely don't hoard shoes. I collect them :)

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

I watched 30 minutes of one episode because my friends are hooked on it too and did the same thing you did...went to go clean and throw some stuff out! I haven't watched it since...it just creeps me the f*ck out!

Lena said...

I agree ... women "collect" shoes. It's all a matter of word choice.

The show is both disgusting and motivational. I'm sure more normal people watch it and clean.

I have friends who never miss an episode, but I can't deal. It makes me itch.

Christina said...

I'm kinda glad I don't have cable so I can't watch Hoarders. I feel bad enough as it is when I don't clean and stuff piles up, so I think I'd get paranoid that I'm a hoarder in the works... Except that everything I have is stuff that just isn't put away at the moment!

Anonymous said...

Okay I see we were watching and doing the same thing last night(cleaning the fridge). After she took the pumpkin seeds out the rotted pumpkin to plant I was through and how about peeling the top rotted part off the cabbage and putting the rest back in the fridge. All that shyt was just plain nasty!!! Especially when she said if it aint puffed out its still good and she will eat it. Okay let me stop cuz I could go on for days with all the wrongs. THis is psychological so hopefully the folks will get the help they need and stick with it. That show will will keep you on point for real.

Towanna

The True Urban Queen said...

I watch the shoe here and there. Isn't it crazy yet sad that people live like that.

I am always hollering at the t.v how nasty they are being when they refuse to part with what I think is trash but then I have to remind myself these people are mentally sick. Why else would they live like that?

Caspar608 said...

I caught one of a good looking older guy who lived in a townhouse that looked like a bomb hit it on the inside and everything went flying all over the place. It was gross. His girlfriend had never been to his house either. Just nasty.

Then there was one with this husband and wife...they had four daughters...the husband left her because she was a pig...he went to vegas...one of the daughters called the show for help and the mother was PISSED...it was just sad and crazy at the same time.

I may have told you this story before...
A friend of mine was always a sloppy ass slob. Dressed impeccably, a fashion designer, always had the weave on point, nails and makeup flawless...I hated going to her house. It was just DIGUSTING. Piles of clothes were thrown in the hallway outside of the bedrooms and mice would run back and forth from pile to pile IN BROAD DAYLIGHT. She lived with her mother and sister...piles of plates sat in bedrooms with old food stuck to them...slimfast cans with roaches crawling out of them...like, just the nastiest.

Anyho, flash forward to 2006. Her husband was fighting a dirty war in Afghanistan and my friend was given 24 hours notice that he would be coming home in 2 days. She had a 6 year old and a 2 year old at the time. Her husband walked in the door, looked around and walked right back out and said he was going to the barracks. She called me in tears...I asked what was wrong. She said she thought he might have PTSD...I asked if she cooked him anything to eat or drew him a bath...she said she was too tired. WHAT???!!! I asked her if the house was in order and she cried about not being taught "how" to clean when she was young. I asked her how bad the house was and she said there were dishes piled in the sink and wet clothes in hefty bags all over the house because she was too 'overwhelmed' with the news that he was coming home. He asked her for a divorce. I couldnt blame him though...imagine being away at war and coming home to a pig? Honey didnt even have a job...I could understand if her job schedule affected her house cleaning schedule...but damn.

Mind you, she accumulated a lot of her stuff by opening up credit cards in her husbands name while he was looking for Osama Bin Laden. SMH.

Just gross.

Young woman on a journey said...

caspar always has the best stories.

the show is disgusting. I mean, its interesting as well. Trying to understand the psychology of it. I love things and sentimental things (like books), but if it was the difference between living normal or not, i would give those shits up.

smh at you talking about the lady on the train. she might have OCD and her house might be cleaner than yours. lol. but you right. anyone, anywhere could be on any number of these shows, hoarders, addiction, intervention, sex rehab. the world is a crazy place.

Alovelydai said...

I'm fascinated by hoarders b/c I'm the complete opposite and rather "Monk-ish". The one w/ the lady & her depends was by far the worst ep ever!!!!

♥PrettyPacino♥ said...

I'm glad Young woman on a journey mentioned the psychology of it, because that's the standpoint I see it from. Although it's completely gross, unsanitary, etc. it's sad...with compulsive hoarding, it's more than just people being nasty and not knowing how to clean. Some nasty people really don't have time or motivation to clean, or whatever. These hoarders see nothing wrong with it, and as you see on the show, many get upset when family members try to intervene. And actually, OCD may have something to do with it because this isn't just a massive accumulation of junk. It's a compulsion, although many people don't realize that because the stereotypical OCD patient is excessively clean.

I think shows like Hoarders and Intervention are the worst part of reality TV. THings like that shouldn't be exploited...I know it has to be embarrassing...

RealHustla said...

I'm literally LOL at your paranoid reaction on the train.

Going back to read the comments so I can laugh some more.

Yes, crazy indeed. My step mom will argue you down and get violent if you try to move anything.

Not so single mama said...

You're so retarded..not coughing three year old trash on you!! I love that show too! I always admire the people who are helping the hoarders..they are like uber humans..they are so kind and patient...when anyone else would have cussed their asses out and left!

Sha Boogie said...

I know I'm mad late, but anywho....HOARDERS is my show! Love it. Always telling people to watch, I am obsessed with the nastiness, LOL! I can't believe folk live like that. The diaper lady strapping herself into the portable seat sent me over the edge, like 'really, lady?'

Anonymous said...

Do you know where in riverdale the house was located?

Dave Van Buren said...

@Anonymous - Nope, it looked like a small house around a bunch of woods so it must have been in a older section of the city.