06 April 2010

Going Public

The funny thing about this blog is that I share more here then I do with my loved ones. On more then one occasion people have ask me how I was doing, gotten a "I'm good" response only to read the blog and hear that i am in fact NOT good... lol. They even started beginning conversations with "So I read the blog...." just to get to the point. In general I'm a private person, I don't really share whats going on in my life unless I feel the person needs to know and even then it's usually more facts then feelings. This blog is a expression of my thoughts and feelings, ones that I generally don't express or vocalize. Isn't that the point of a blog? at least of a personal one? Problem is the more people that read it the more I censor what I'm typing. Just like in real life... the more thats going on the less I want to talk about it.

For example at work I've been taking off alot for court, lawyer and school visits and general. I can't remember the last time I worked a full 80 hours in a pay period. I'm luckly to have a bosses who doesn't ask questions, I say I'm leaving early or not coming in one day and he just says ok. So when my co-worker says he's praying that my DR appts are going well I get confused. I tell him its not for the Dr but thanks for the prayers. I don't give details just correct the misconception. When they ask me how LMS likes school I simply say she likes it. I don't go into details because this is work and thats home.

Example number 2, I JUST told my mom I had not been seeing LMS, it's kind of hard to not say something when she hasn't seen her granddaughter in months but she has seen me. Usually I don't even bother going to her house unless LMS is with me, I know she don't want to see me she just wants the baby lol. Before when she or other family members asked where LMS was I just said she was with her mom. Which isn't a lie but also doesn't explain everything thats going on. Again I'm just not one for sharing, I don't like answering questions over and over even if they are to different people.

I almost starting viewing this blog less like a general blog and more like a targeted blog. Like how weightloss and cooking blogs have a focus, mine is a custody blog. I'm not happy about that, I guess I'm trying to say that I will be getting back to the randomness that I love. While I am unhappy most days I do have plenty to make me smile and I need to express that just as much as I express the rest.

7 comments:

inc23 said...

I've been out of the blog loop for a while but I really hope things get better! :)

Monique said...

I feel like I need to give you daily hugs or something. LOL I'm with you on being a private person. I actually don't share 95% of the real nitty gritty stuff on my blog. Hell, I barely speak about outloud anyway. I think your blog should be what it it you want it to be. I love reading the randomness as much I read the drama you're going through. At the end of the day, I'm reading about a real man with real problems and overcoming them. It doesn't get much better than that.

Kingsmomma said...

Well I think the thing with personal blogs are that they are personl and as such they are relective of what's going on in life. When you have an event that seems to take the forefront of your life it also becomes the focus of the blog. Its hard not to have that happen. That's why alot of personal bloggers take Leaves of Absence lol.

You're doing well on the blog content. I'm going to agree with Mo on that real man real dram type thing.
and you should get some ice cream, Makes it alll better

Remnants of U said...

I understand...I am a pretty private person too, and I don't blog about many things because I'm afraid of what people might think. :-)

Caspar608 said...

look man, let it out. let it OUT. you're in pain.

I just dont want to hear about you taking it in the ass or putting it in anyone's ass, or you getting high while the baby is sleep in the other room man. thats a tmi situation that I feel folks need to find their dignity for and just be more discreet...if there werent pics of you and the baby all over your blog I wouldnt care so much bout what you say...but I know your face and that little dollbaby face and if you talk about nasty stuff I might have some kind of breakdown.

let it be about what moves you to evolve into a better version of you every moment of every day. just dont talk to me about ass sex and such. I wont come back.

RealHustla said...

But the name of the blog is the Baby Daddy Diaries. You dont need to change anything.

And yes please, no ass sex discussions.

Super Dave Van Buren said...

@inc23 thanks!

@Monique thank you, I try to keep it real enough so someone can understand and private enough to where I'm not commpletly on public display.

@Kingsmomma I almost took a leave of absense too, It felt a lil too much like running from a problem. I'd rather just work thru it

@Remnants of U - lol I think about what people might think too, especially this is all my point of view and opinion.

@Caspar608 - lmao... you's a fool. don't worry I will not be blogging about ass sex. Actually I don't think I'ma mention my sex life in general, ya'll don't need all that lol

@RealHustla - Is that the name? awww shyt I forgot! lol I'll get back to the non-ass sex randomness.