23 April 2010

RIP Dorothy Height

After causing so many of ya'll to tear up hopefully this post will bring a smile to your face.

I'll be real with you. I didn't really know who Dorothy Height was before she died. This is sad since I walk past the National Council of Nergo Women headquarters everyday on my way to work. That said I busted out laughing when this pic flashed across my TV during the news...

*laser side eye* (c) @shesayswhatever

Now tell me she not giving MLK a serious side eye! My first thought was that she was thinking "This nigga here..." lmao. I mean she leaning over to side eye him! I can not explain how funny it was to me. I almost felt bad for laughing about it.... almost.

Any way RIP to a wonderful lady who spent her life trying to make our society a better place. We need more side eye wielding people like her.

Have a good weekend folks

7 comments:

Sha Boogie said...

You're a trip for that one! Love the pic.

Ms. Camile said...

Okay so I just got mad at myself for really lol at this mess! hahaha Before I read the note, I looked at the picture and i was like why is she mugging MLK? hahhahaha funny!

~Cam

Kingsmomma said...

Hilarious.
She was great indeed.

Ieisha said...

Am I the only thinking that she was side-eyeing the white man for getting in her way?

*crickets*

Well, I tried. I mean, MLK wasn't perfect and he probably said something sideways which prompted her giving the look.

I thank Professor Veta Tucker of Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan for her class on African-American Women where I learned about the NCNW and Dorothy Height.

EmberRose said...

Her side eye game is FIERCE!

Love it!


Very good post.

~EssenseVibez~ said...

R.I.P. Dorothy---i like your blog--we have the same concept when it comes to our blogs, "KEEP IT REAL"--and that you've accomplished--remain blessed

Cyn said...

Saw a pic of Dorothy giving someone else the side eye and thought of you.