06 May 2010

I Saw Her... pt 2

So when we left our story I had seen LMS at her school crying and being dragged to a car. Fast forward almost a month and a couple court filings later, my BM offers to let me see LMS under "supervised" visitation. When she originally said this I explained that I didn't need to be supervised but I would be happy to pick her up. BM balked at the idea and insisted that it be supervised. I decline since our court date was in a couple days and I figured I'd be granted a visitation schedule anyway.

BM decides not to show up for court... again. So instead of the judge just granting me what we requested they re-schedule for yet another day. So that weekend I hit BM up and reluctantly agree to "supervised" visitation. I mean at least I'll be able to spend time with my baby even if it's under a less then ideal conditions. We agree to meet at a park, she brings LMS, 4 other kids and her dad (LMS granddad). I guess he was there as the "supervisor".

Seeing LMS was great, we played around and had tons-o-fun, minus her mom being there it was just like before. She asked about a couple of her toys and remembered a promise I made about buying a dog... lol, She ignored her friends for the most part and just wanted to be around me. I almost forgot what it's like for someone to yell "daddy" every 3 minutes. She mentioned how she missed me and how she was crying for me. I told her that I missed her too and it would be over soon enough. Funny thing is that my lawyer mentioned since I had not seen her in so long that it might take some adjusting for her to get used to being around me again. While I understood his logic I knew that it wouldn't be a problem for us. She is my baby, a couple months wouldn't change our relationship. I only played with her for a hour before her mom decided to leave but that hour recharged my batteries, seeing how excited she was just have have me around was exactly what I needed.

Next I'll share the story of my court ordered parenting class I attended... it was great for all the wrong reasons lol

15 comments:

sunnydelyte21 said...

I'm glad you agreed. At least you were able to see her. A bond between a father and daughter is the best bond.

I know things seem to be ruff..but stick it out...your daughter is worth it!!

I'm so happy for you even with that stupid ass BM you got!!

Thoughts of a Southern gal said...

So so glad you got to spend some time with LMS

Ms. Behaving said...

Glad you got to reconnect with your little girl...

Hoping things go in your favor @ court so it can become a regular thing again.

BorednTalkative said...

So glad you got to see her. Hopefully this will all be over soon.

Caspar608 said...

LMS will never need time to adjust to you...you are a remarkable Dad.

You met someone at Parenting 101 didnt you?

mmm-hhmmmm ; )

Christina said...

Really happy that you got to see her, and that it went well! I hope this works out for you soon.

Alovelydai said...

I saw how happy she looked on the pic you showed on twitter...she loves her Daddy & any time spent together recharges BOTH of your batteries!

Tami Sawyer said...

I dont know u per se, but I'm Young Woman on a Journey's sane friend. (jokes)

My heart goes out to you and all you go through. IT made me smile to read this post. I hope you get justice soon.

Tami

Anonymous said...

glad you finally saw her!!!

Towanna

12kyle said...

Keep hanging in there, fam!

EmberRose said...

I'm glad you got to see her. Hang in there!

Ms. Camile said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I'm so super excited! LMS can't forget you because y'all are connected. You're a true parent and not just a baby's daddy, obviously.

And I can't wait to hear about this parenting class lol.

This post brought me joy!

~Cam

The True Urban Queen said...

Why doesn't she get in trouble for not showing up in court?

I am glad you got to see your daughter but this is so messed up.

If you were a deadbeat dad she be crying. . here you want to be involved and she is acting foul.

So sad. Never have I denied my children's father from seeing his children. No matter if we were speaking or not.

I hope it all works out Dave.

Sha Boogie said...

ugh...that drives me nuts! but, very happy you saw LMS ;)

Redbonegirl97 said...

Glad you and your daughter had a good time. Nothing can break a good bond with a parent. Hopefully your ordeal is coming to an end.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany