01 January 2011

2010 Highs and Lows

10 bad things (no real order besides #1):

10. Spending days in court: Sitting in court makes you realize something somewhere in your life went very wrong. I spent a good 30 days in court for various custody/baby momma related things last year.

9. Lawyer fees: If my lawyer has kids I'm sure I helped pay for their college. If he doesn't I might have put a down payment on a new boat.

8. Contracting Blues: My job went from super secure to "eeehhh maybe" in short I've learned more then I ever needed to know about how govt contracts work.

7. Daily Drive: My daily drive to work turned into my personal therapy sessions, it was where I had my breakdowns and realizations.

6. Home Improvement: One day after work I was chilling In my basement when I heard water dripping. I look up and water is coming from my celing! Turns out my kitchen faucet was leaking and wand dripping downstairs. Good news is I learned how to hang drywall.

5. Not the shoes!: I was pretty productive doing house projects last year. I decided to paint my basement but first I wanted to put primer on the walls. So one fateful day I was in lowes checkout line wit a gallon of wall primer when I dropped it on the floor, it bust open and covered my $130 sneakers.... Odd thing was even though it upset me I had so much more going on it almost seems sureal. I cleaned the shoes in the parking lot and now you can't even tell.

4. Money problems: I spent a good part of 2010 broke. Not homeless broke but I wasn't saving any money and ate through the money I did have saved. I've mentioned it here before but I hate being broke. Cash = options. Not having options isn't a good way to live.

3. Make ups to break ups.

2. Falsely accused: I was accused of some horrible shyt and I had to just suck up and just defend myself without planning revenge.

1. Quality Time: Most of the year I didn't get to spend any quality time with my daughter. Do say it sucked is a serve understatement.


10 Good things (again no real order besides #1):

10. New faces: I got to meet some cool bloggers in NY and DC I'm too lazy to link ya'll but you know who you are. It was a pleasure.

9. Family: I reailzed my family and friends are much more supportive then I could have imagined. They really are awesome.

8. Winning!: The Lakers winning back to back championships. Winning over the celtics made it even better

7. Blizzard 2010: The huge snow storm was fun for so many reasons including pissing my neighbors off by smoking ribs between the 2 storms.

6. Boy meets grill: I discovered a BBQ sauce recipe that everyone seems to love. I've also gotten worlds better at grilling all kinds of food.

5. The Growth: I've learned more about myself and what i believe this year. When you go through tough times you find out if you really stand on the things you believe.

4. The Blog: Having a blog has been a interesting thing. I've seen lots of bloggers come and go but for whatever reason I've been able to continue to blog and gain readers all year.

3. Twitter: I was more active on twitter in 2010... twitter is a crazy social experiment and it's cool because you can have several circles of people you follow who all do different things. getting on twitter made me not care about facebook.

2. New me: I lost a good 20lbs in addition to the 30 I lost in the last part of 09. I look better and feel better.

1. Custody: of course the best thing to happen to me in 2010 was me getting custody of my baby girl. My life changed in so many ways.

btw... I jacked the idea for this post from lyfesimplified.wordpress.com

3 comments:

Redbonegirl97 said...

Hope the new year brings even more happiness for you and your daughter.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Thoughtsofsoutherngal said...

Did they make you pay for the paint you dropped?

I'm on twitter too much because I remember you tweeting about grilling during the blizzard.

Twitter is the best. I wished I would have came up with the idea.

chele said...

Happy New Year. I tried Twitter, but it just seemed too labor intensive.