30 January 2011

The Tooth

A couple weeks ago my daughter brought to my attention that her tooth was loose. I looked at the tooth and it didn't appear to be loose but she insisted that it was going to come out that day.

Fast forward 2 weeks and 2 billion reminders about this loose tooth and I pick her up from school and she reminds me yet again that it's going to come out today. Granted it was looser now but at this point I wasn't paying it any attention. So we go out for dinner and while eating the tooth finally comes out. It's the smallest tooth i've ever seen, LMS was soo exited. She was dancing around with it in her hand talking about the tooth fairy and all I could think of was her dropping and losing it. I asked her to give it to me so I could keep it safe. I started to put it in my pocket but it's was so small that I was worried it would get lost in the lint. So I kept it in my hand as we walked to the car.

As I was getting into the car the inevitable happens...

I drop the tooth.
In the street.
At night.

Did I mention it was like 20 degrees outside? Now I have to look in the parking lot for a tiny white tooth. You ever really look at the street? It's nothing but white specks. So I'm outside in the cold looking for this tiny tooth, after about 30 minutes of looking in a parking lot the cold starts to sink in, my legs are freezing and my brain is starting to curse me out. I get in the car, look at LMS and explain that I can't find the tooth but I will let the tooth fairy know about it so she can get her money. Cue the waterworks..... she starts balling about how she wants it. I feel like crap and get back out the car to look. Every now and then something happens that lets you know god loves you.... As soon as I got out the car and look down I see a small white object, I pick it up and its the tooth... Sweet baby jesus its the tooth!!

I get in the car, blast the heat and had LMS the tooth. I'd rather he lose it then me, of course she doesn't lose it and in the end the "tooth fairy" gives her $2 for it.

10 comments:

Remnants of U said...

Glad you found the tooth. Ohh! $2.00 from the Toothfairy what a windfall. :-)

theweightofwhatisreal said...

So glad you found the tooth. You're a great dad for braving the cold.

And I assume it was only $2 cuz the tooth was so small cuz I thought the old lady was giving out $5 lately. Or is that just up in the Midwest? Lol.

Jubilance said...

$2! The Tooth Fairy was giving out more than that when I was kid 20+yrs ago! Can't she get an increase for inflation? LOL

Monique said...

LOL I'm so glad you found that tooth because you would never hear the end of it if you didn't. Braved the cold and everything.

Sha Boogie said...

Not the tooth Dave.. You dropped the tooth?! lol Awweee...

chele said...

You're better than me! I'm allergic to the cold. $2 is good money for a tooth. When I was coming up I got $0.25 and my kids got a $1.

Anonymous said...

Just cute!!!

Towanna

Cerebrally_Orgasmic said...

What a wonderful dad you are!! Braving the elements to find your baby gurl's tooth!! Kudos!!

Adrienne said...

LOL I'm so glad you found that tooth! LOL

Reggie said...

Inflation must have grabbed the Tooth Fairy by the short hairs. I remember doling out a quarter.