12 February 2011

Mush pt2

So where I left off with my Ms. Mush post, my baby momma refused to pay for the supervised visitation at this center. Since then here's some of the fun stuff that's happened.

- My baby momma got a lawyer! This was actually a blessing because it created more of a buffer between us. I have no idea how she is paying for it and really don't care.

- the lawyers agreed that chuck e cheese was a suitable visitation place because they stamp you and your kids hand so my baby momma can't run off with LMS. It's not ideal but it's a controlled environment so it works.

-My baby momma tried to bring a live dog into the chuck e cheese because she felt like it missed LMS.

- Baby momma tried to bring the same dog to LMS's school.

- speaking of school, baby momma has been limited to 1, 45 minute visit a month. Even with that she is causing problems and they want to limit her to just lunchtime visits. I'm kinda out of that because they pulled a no trespassing order out on her. They have this open door policy for parents regardless of custody.

- She asked if we could meet at a ski resort 2 hours away so she could take LMS tubing..... Yeah, no.

- Other visitation locations she suggested were: starbucks, the movies, museum and cheesecake factory. When I suggested a book store she said it wasn't age appropriate despite them having a kids section.

- Speaking of the book store, when I suggested it she called the corporate offices and asked if they handle visitations..... Of course they said no like any smart business would.

- Did I mention LMS was going to therapy to help her adjust to all this? Well the therapist wanted to meet Baby Momma. I invited her to the session, and she came. I left the Dr, LMS and BM to talk and lets just say the Dr felt it was a learning experience but doesn't want to meet with her anymore.

With all this it's only a matter of time before we go back to court on visitation. Thing is I feel like either way I can't lose. If we go back and a judge orders overnight visits then I have a built in break from being daddy. This will give me time to rest, work on side projects and date. Hell even a supervised visitation with a court ordered scheduled would be good. If things stay the same then LMS won't have so much exposure to her moms brand of crazy and hopefully will not display it.

Either way I can see the bright side. For now I have to try and create a reasonable visitation schedule with an unreasonable person.


7 comments:

Monique said...

Best of luck with that but I do have to giggle at the dog at the school. She tried.

Babs said...

A reasonable visitation schedule with an unreasonable person.

You said a mouthful there! I am currently trying to do the same

Chatterbox said...

The bookstore is not appropriate , but Starbucks is..... SMH!!!!!!


A ski resort 2 hours away?!?!?

Bless her heart...

Sha Boogie said...

I feel your pain Dave, my husbands BM sounds like she may be related to yours, lol. How can you have a reasonable conversation with an unreasonable person? Its damn near impossible *sigh* Keep your head up, it sounds like you're doing a great job. But, I would suggest getting a break when you can..

Bonn Group said...

Check out the “Black Online News Network” (BONN) www.thebonngroup.com . BONN is the largest network of online news portals to date targeted to African Americans. Its current digital network consists of 100 unique and interconnected web sites covering a wide range of today’s hottest topics on the radars of African Americans worldwide.

Adrienne said...

*Sigh* Keep your head up!!!!! Your daughter NEEDS you.

Eccentric_Girl said...

Damn, I'm just... speechless. She sounds like a wreck (no offense) and as if her ability to cognitive ability to reason is "a bit off" to say the least. Sorry I had to laugh a little when I read the therapist did not want to see her. That's pretty bad.

I hope whatever turns out is the best for LMS. Good luck!