11 May 2011

Mothers Day Dilemma... pt2

So I'm sure your wondering what ended up happening on mothers day. Well I a week before my mom told me to make sure LMS got her mom a card. My mom is much nicer then me and I figured that was a sign since I never discussed anything about mothers day with her. So i went to the local arts and craft store and bought some poster paper (8x11 not a huge poster) and let LMS make her mom a card. She gave the card to her mom the thursday before mothers day when they met. As we were leaving me and the BM had this convo

BM: Can LMS come past my moms house on sunday?
Me: Naw, we already have plans
BM: I can't see her on mothers day?
Me: No, were busy
BM: whatever...

Now I'd lying if part of me wasn't like "Yeah FUCK YOU BITCH!!!" but me and LMS really did have plans to go out with my mom. I already did 100% more then she would have done for me with the card. Then on mothers day morning I asked LMS is she wanted to call her mom and wish her a happy mothers day, usually she never wants to call but this time she did. So I gave her the phone and they spoke for a little while.

Just another day in paradise.

5 comments:

Cas... said...

I feel you! It's not easy I know but you did a good thing. Be encouraged...

Remnants of U said...

Well, that was nice. And your mom got to see her grandbaby on Mother's Day.

aWickedRose said...

She has to respect your time same as everybody else. That's just life. Thursday before Mother's Day is too late to want to make plans. There's other people's time and feelings to consider.

RealHustla said...

I think you were totally fare with your decision. My feelings still hurt for BM tho. That's just the way it is I guess.

Anonymous said...

Two Wrongs won't ever be right. Teaching her that no matter how her mother acts she is still her mom is a good thing. And, giving her mom some boundaries to keep LMS thriving is a really good thing. Good for you!! Being the bigger person isn't alway easy but, its usually always the right thing.