28 July 2011

Updates and Such

So whats new in Baby Daddy Land?

- LMS started spending alternate weekends with her mom. 1st time was last weekend, I wish I could say I did some crazy wild shit but I just stayed in the house. My first free weekend in over 9 months and I sat on the couch. It was over 100 degrees everyday that weekend, it felt good to chill in the quiet. Besides I'll have plenty more weekends to do ignorant stuff.

- Speaking of those weekends it went off without any drama. LMS had a good time and besides an email from my baby momma that I just ignored, it was uneventful.

- LMS turned 7. We had a party at her summer camp, I bought cupcakes because making them for 44 kids didn't seem like fun. Kids don't care if a cupcake is store bought or homemade. I also made gift bags, this is huge you have no idea.

- My mom came over with some dresses she made for LMS... I love my mom but this Obama dress was a bit much. She said she was making it for the 4th of July but got behind.



I don't even know where she found Obama fabric from! In other news I might sell it on ebay during his re-election campaign lol

- I bought LMS a Nintendo DS for her birthday. By far the best gift I have ever gotten her, its awesome and holds her attention. Having that around adds to my sanity.

- I had every intent to take the baby to Ocean City this summer buy my knee is still bothering me and walking the boardwalk is the last thing I want to do. Its getting better though so it still might happen. I think she would love it.

- Its Back to school time and I have a list of school supplies. I pray this year is smooth sailing since all the custody drama is behind us. I need to do a better job being active at the school and letting the teaching know who I am. 2nd grade should be fun.

12 comments:

The Green Eyed Bandit said...

Speaking as a single custodial parent, I spend many weekends doing absolutely nothing! It is a great way to recharge.

BTW, I love seeing a man raising his child. Kudos to you!

Adrienne said...

I'm stuck on the Obama fabric! LOL

Remnants of U said...

Wow gift bags for 44 kids is huge.

You have to take a picture of LMS in the dress even if it's just to show your mom that it fit. LOL

sayitlikethis said...

The Obama fabric, huh? I guess that's one of the not-so-better dresses you were talking about, lol. It's the thought that counts.

Don't get me started on school supplies. Buddha's list has 16 COMMUNITY items and 6 personal items. Then his teacher wants TWO of everything on the community list. Word? It's like that?

Yes, I agree with Remnants. Take a pic of LMS in the dress. Proof that she actually put it on.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the Obama dress. Where did mom find that fabric? Hey Dave does she give lessons. Im new to the sewing thing and would love to get some tips!! Let me know

Towanna

Monique said...

That Obama fabric is hilarious, lol. Even if she never wears it - you can frame it or something...???

sofullsista.blogspot.com

Serenity3-0 said...

Your mommy is a sweet heart. I'm still learning to sew but I want to make some stuff for a couple little girls I know. I'll be sure to steer clear of the Obama fabric though. LMAO

Amber Lee. said...

I love that your a great dad. Its such a rare thing to see these days. I applaud you for it.

I wish I could have been there to see your mom give you that dress for your daughter. It had to be priceless. She did a great job, but like you said where did she find that fabric. lolol

Angela said...

Tell your mom I would like a dress. You are an awesome father!

SincerelyGo said...

I so applaud you for this Dave. I don't know any other men that are taking on the responsibility you are. You're a good man. I LOVED when my dad came to school functions he would always be in his cop uniform. The kids loved it. I was just happy he was my dad.

Go

SincerelyGo said...

oooh OH. Yeah about that Obama Fabric, you know I didn't even notice that until I read it. At first I was thinking that's cute, very patriotic..who made it Lol.

God's Favorite Shoes! said...

I can't even focus past the Obama fabric...where your mama get dat from! LOL!

I would hang it on a doll or something in LMS room. Or maybe she can wear it for Black History week at her school this year.

I can't focus past the Obama material!