17 October 2011

Rant Over


1st I want to thank those of you who called/email/texted/@ me on twitter in regards to my last post. I realize it may have read like I was typing it on the edge of a building but I wasn't that bad off.

I've over it for the moment though. A couple things happened that changed my outlook. 1st I came across this picture:



I stared at if for a good 10 minutes in awe of how simple and awesome it was. Sometimes life is just that simple. Decide to be awesome.

Then I was chatting with someone and I mentioned this quote:

"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - Theodore Roosevelt

Its actually one of my favorite quotes but I didn't apply it to my current position until I told it to someone else. Funny how things work like that. point of the quote is don't sit around dwelling on what didn't work. Admit it was wrong and move on. Most importantly do something. I decided that how I was dealing with my Baby Momma was wrong, I needed a different approach. We were in a different situation and I needed to address it as such.

Next my cousin read my post and said i might be going thru a mid-life crisis.... MID LIFE!!! like I'm dying at 62. Yo I read that in the middle of the night and got pissed. If this is Mid Life I can't wait till I'm 50. Corvettes and 25 year old strippers all around!

Then I decided to go to church. Yup, after 8 years I returned to a service that didn't include someone getting married, buried or someones kid getting baptised. I went just to listen to the message and I'm glad I went. The pastor was talking about what is your fight and what is God's fight. In short don't waste your energy on something that is out of your control. Let God fight them battles. In my case I'ma let God deal with my baby momma. I already won that battle no need to continue to fight and let it mess up my life. Its no longer my fight. He also mentioned the minute you let someone else control your happiness that person becomes your God. It was interesting and helpful, I might just go back.

So all that combined got me out of my funk. Back to our regularly scheduled randomness. Not to say I won't be down again but when/if I am i'ma look back and remember my life is awesome.... starting with a picture I took while crabbing with my buddy.


4 comments:

Monique said...

(((hugs))) welcome back to awesomeness :)

Cyn said...

Decide to be awesome! I think you have succeeded.

DivafromSC said...

Great post! I'm glad you decided to be awesome!!

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

I love when you go to church and the message is for YOU. God is awesome like that. I'm happy you found something that spoke to you and got you back on the path to thinking positive.