29 November 2011

The Growth... All Good Things

Today is my birthday! I'm 32 years old. Also this is my last blog on baby daddy diaries. I started this blog back in October 2007. I started blogging just like I start most things in my life, because of a girl. I was dating a girl who had starting to blog and I got interested. She quit long long ago (or at least I think she did, we don't talk anymore) but I kept at it. Before I knew it here we are. I'm still suprised I stuck with it as long as this. I tend to lose interest in stuff quickly.

I never really considered myself a blogger but blogging has been extremely good to me. It provided me a place to vent and tell amusing stories about my life. It literally chronicled my life and growth for the last 4 years. I've made friends, fell in love and received great advice all from this little slice of cyberspace. I'm truly grateful for my time here and the connections I've made. I never really promoted this blog yet I still managed to get around 300+ people subscribing via RSS and 170+ google friends. I didn't even have that many people on my personal facebook page lol. I have no idea how many of you found my blog but I'm happy you did and you liked it enough to continue reading.

So why stop? mostly because I've lost my desire to blog, more so my desire to share. I have lots to blog about but I don't feel like sharing anymore. The idea of posting my life to the internet isn't near as appealing as it used to be. Maybe I'll just write a journal or something. I'm ready to close this chapter of my life and see whats next. Also my domain subscription is up lol

Lastly THANK YOU all for reading and all of your kind words of encouragement. I hope you enjoyed reading and were able to gain something from my posts. Even if it was just a laugh.

You can catch me on the twitter,yes THE twitter @davevanb

my other blog www.cookinwithdave.com

or you can email me at dave@cookinwithdave.com



4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!
I've enjoyed your blog :)
See ya in the twittah streets!
((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Dave,

I've been a constant lurker round these parts for many months.

Thanks for sharing your personal stories, triumphs & failures with the internet world.

I've laughed with/at you, been mad with you...run the entire gambit.

I'm not bold enough to actually share myself through a blog, but grateful for people like you, who if only for a short time allow us to peer inside them.

It's been a great ride! See ya over in twitterland...

Monique said...

Awwww you're leave but I get it. I'll miss seeing your name pop up in my Google Reader but I know how to get in touch with you. :)

SincerelyGo said...

Happy Birthday, I mean belated birthday. I think twitter took my joy away from blogging but I'm surely trying to get back into it. Honestly I don't like all of twitter, and already feel like I share much too much with them. So if you're ever bored and maybe need a good laugh or a peep at some straight up ridiculousness you are more than welcomed to pass through. Good luck with everything else. *hugs*

Go